Sitting Duck
In times where I have to sit and wait, I struggle with self doubts, and a dented confidence.
No matter how much I know, knowledge doesn't comfort me. I had already knew the cycle that's been going on, and that after financials are done with their *burps*, stocks will simply pick up again. It's a natual human reaction. Even though DJI is surging upwards, my criticism for myself over rides any joy that that my train of thoughts was right.
I find myself, time and over again, taking that yardstick and measuring my self worth against it even though I know it's not my fault. There's no way I can ever tell which company is going to release some major big *hoo-ha* it's something that's part and parcel when you deal with the stock market. News gets released and it's factored naturally into the price, that's just one part of the efficient market theory.
Things like that are simply beyond my control. I recognise that but somehow I just struggle a whole lot with that. It seems like I hate to be out of control, and at times like this I wished the one up there would point me in some direction of a safe exit, but sometimes things just doesn't happen that way.
I hate sitting and not being able to do anything because I know I have to hold through all these hiccups. And what's more frustrating is I see missed opportunities slipping by everyday.
(Could have bought in yesterday but I was short of a hundred bucks simply because my mum had refused to bank in the money into my trading account and she insisted on putting the darn money into another bank account. And all these tiny little hiccups does attribute to lost opportunities that equate to profits.)
No matter how much I know, knowledge doesn't comfort me. I had already knew the cycle that's been going on, and that after financials are done with their *burps*, stocks will simply pick up again. It's a natual human reaction. Even though DJI is surging upwards, my criticism for myself over rides any joy that that my train of thoughts was right.
I find myself, time and over again, taking that yardstick and measuring my self worth against it even though I know it's not my fault. There's no way I can ever tell which company is going to release some major big *hoo-ha* it's something that's part and parcel when you deal with the stock market. News gets released and it's factored naturally into the price, that's just one part of the efficient market theory.
Things like that are simply beyond my control. I recognise that but somehow I just struggle a whole lot with that. It seems like I hate to be out of control, and at times like this I wished the one up there would point me in some direction of a safe exit, but sometimes things just doesn't happen that way.
I hate sitting and not being able to do anything because I know I have to hold through all these hiccups. And what's more frustrating is I see missed opportunities slipping by everyday.
(Could have bought in yesterday but I was short of a hundred bucks simply because my mum had refused to bank in the money into my trading account and she insisted on putting the darn money into another bank account. And all these tiny little hiccups does attribute to lost opportunities that equate to profits.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home