Flashbacks
For a day, I was happy.
Until I got reminded what you had said to me.
I froze and I clammed up.
Just like how you did.
'~'~'
I feel so confused.
One moment I am so drawn to you.
Next I am pulling myself away.
I thought I had found something that I want, and the next moment I doubt myself again.
And I just shut my heart away from others.
'~'~'
Why can't I be truly happy without holding back, without any worries, without feeling so depressed.
Why can't I just fall in love and not be hit by bouts of numbness again?
Why do I see your imprints all over my life though you no longer exist?
Questions and yet no answers.
'~'~'
It was meant to to be a sincere gesture when someone had suggested dedicating a song.
But why do I not feel a thing despite being able to sense the sincerity?
My heart has hardened to such an extent.
I just chose to laugh it off and not take it too seriously.
'~'~'
You reminded me of how it was like to give my heart away only to get hurt in tne end.
I can't forget that.
I can't forgive that.
'~'~'
I'm fearful of forming any form of attachment on any person.
I can't overcome that fear on my own.
It's been 4 years since that fateful day, and I'm still trapped in this cage I swear.
'~'~'
I don't know how to like a person anymore since the last memory of liking you.
I don't even know if my love is whole since it's in fragments.
I don't know if my love is pure since I've been poisoned.
I don't know if it can last since I've been broken.
I don't know what to fight for since I've surrendered.
I don't know what to believe in since I've fallen.
I don't know what to say to you since we've last spoken.
I don't know if I am lying to myself since I don't know what's the truth anymore.
'~'~'
the kindest action is to just stay away from me.
PpD
When I do open my heart to a person... it'll be all the way.
But when I close my heart on someone... it's also there to stay.
That's why I'm known as a Battleaxe.
Brutal and cruelty are both my characteristics.
Who then is the real me do you know?
How predictable can I be?
Just the either extremes.
Don't blame me for being harsh when I am.
Don't take advantage of my openness as weakness because I am not.
Until I got reminded what you had said to me.
I froze and I clammed up.
Just like how you did.
'~'~'
I feel so confused.
One moment I am so drawn to you.
Next I am pulling myself away.
I thought I had found something that I want, and the next moment I doubt myself again.
And I just shut my heart away from others.
'~'~'
Why can't I be truly happy without holding back, without any worries, without feeling so depressed.
Why can't I just fall in love and not be hit by bouts of numbness again?
Why do I see your imprints all over my life though you no longer exist?
Questions and yet no answers.
'~'~'
It was meant to to be a sincere gesture when someone had suggested dedicating a song.
But why do I not feel a thing despite being able to sense the sincerity?
My heart has hardened to such an extent.
I just chose to laugh it off and not take it too seriously.
'~'~'
You reminded me of how it was like to give my heart away only to get hurt in tne end.
I can't forget that.
I can't forgive that.
'~'~'
I'm fearful of forming any form of attachment on any person.
I can't overcome that fear on my own.
It's been 4 years since that fateful day, and I'm still trapped in this cage I swear.
'~'~'
I don't know how to like a person anymore since the last memory of liking you.
I don't even know if my love is whole since it's in fragments.
I don't know if my love is pure since I've been poisoned.
I don't know if it can last since I've been broken.
I don't know what to fight for since I've surrendered.
I don't know what to believe in since I've fallen.
I don't know what to say to you since we've last spoken.
I don't know if I am lying to myself since I don't know what's the truth anymore.
'~'~'
the kindest action is to just stay away from me.
PpD
When I do open my heart to a person... it'll be all the way.
But when I close my heart on someone... it's also there to stay.
That's why I'm known as a Battleaxe.
Brutal and cruelty are both my characteristics.
Who then is the real me do you know?
How predictable can I be?
Just the either extremes.
Don't blame me for being harsh when I am.
Don't take advantage of my openness as weakness because I am not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home