PaPeRdOLL: Silent Protest

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Silent Protest

If this is considered as a silent protest.

There's a lot of things that are left unspoken due to obligations and responsibilities that I have to fulfill.

Even my lecturer in school has none left for me, nor a kind word, or gentle encouragement to lift up my glommy spirit.

It weighs deep upon my chest.

I had calls from people, long lost friends who had expressed concern. I appreciate that, but all I am asking from God is why am I the person selected to handle this task? And why of all times, it must be now.

I wanted someone to be present on the day of the operation. And after meeting up with that person, now I realise that things have changed, and the bond is simply no longer there anymore.

Wake up Rex, stop living in the past.

I don't seek pity from any fellow human beings. No one is in a position to deem my plight as pitiful and deserving of sympathy. I don't need that, thank you very much for your concern.

I have enough support from friends who have stuck with me through thick and thin. For all that has been done in the past, it is sufficient enough. I don't want to feel as though I had owed the whole world a great debt of gratitude and favours.

Battling so far with a word called "life", I have arrived to a stage whereby if I have any problems, I will just find a way around it. There is simply no failure because I refuse to acknowledge the term "failure" in my "life" as "life" is just a fence, waiting to be broken through/climbed over/dug under/detoured.

It's not fear that I feel, but a prepared mind that is ready for what comes ahead.

PpD
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home