The thrill of cycling
I was having a heavy heart tonight and so I went out for a spin with the guys. If you think 79km/hr on bicycles ain't possible, maybe you can think again. Our target achievement of sunset way "mountain" was somehow prevented by an outcoming vehicle from a neighbouring terrace house along the steep strainous path. Brakes were being applied in full and much to our disappointment, I haven't been able to experiement with the fullest potential of my bike gears. The day before, hitting 40km/hr on flat road was a pretty good achievement considering that I had a crooked back and a sudden possibility of asthma. Ok no more sidetracking, back to the story here. I was willying away. The guys were up ahead while I was taking my own sweet time behind. And I saw something lying on the pavement, taking a closer look at it, I realised it was a dead cat being squashed to death. It hit me pretty hard when I thought about how cruel reality can be at times. A sudden *Boom!* and both of them turned and looked at me with concerned eyes. In a split second of carelessness, I ended up with this at 1am, stranded on the roadside.

If you think my left knee was bad, take a look at my right heel.


What happened was my pedal had pierced right smack into my right heel when I fell and the impact was pretty great.
Thank God that Zhe and dez were around. Zhe offered to cycle to the nearest petrol station to get me antiseptic and tissue paper.
Dez had to half carry me to the nearest bus top.
*Drip... Drip...* Blood was oozing out, forming a mini river. A mini pool was created in a span of seconds.
And all that was on my mind, wasn't the pain, but something else.
As Zhe used his Sony Ericsson to light up my heel, he was rather disgusted."Oh my god, that looks bad."
So I took the job of washing the wounds myself.
First with water.
Then with dettol mixed with water.
And finally scrubbing my heel with pure dettol but I still couldn't get the oil stains out.
The next concern was how do we get back home?
Walking wasn't an option. The moment I apply a little pressure to my right foot, the wound split right open again.
Dez made this comment,"Look at her, imagine some other girl was in her shoe, the girl will cry, or at least tear, and wait for other guys to help her. She can really endure pain siah."
Not many people take me seriously when I told them that I washed my own wounds even after being knocked down by a bike. Perhaps these 2 guys will think differently after witnessing tonight's incident.
So we did some stunts. Dez ferried me home whereas Zhe had to take 2 bikes at 1 go.
And I sat at my void deck tending to the wound which split open again. So we chatted for a while and i decided to do something sick.
I wiped out my handphone and asked Zhe for his phone. Dez healed me with the lighting and that's how I got the 3 grotesque pictures onto my blog.
Zhe freaked out when I flashed to him the photos that I taken while Dez and I laughed our heads off.
PpD
It'll be at least a week b4 i can attempt to cycle again. *sigh*

If you think my left knee was bad, take a look at my right heel.


What happened was my pedal had pierced right smack into my right heel when I fell and the impact was pretty great.
Thank God that Zhe and dez were around. Zhe offered to cycle to the nearest petrol station to get me antiseptic and tissue paper.
Dez had to half carry me to the nearest bus top.
*Drip... Drip...* Blood was oozing out, forming a mini river. A mini pool was created in a span of seconds.
And all that was on my mind, wasn't the pain, but something else.
As Zhe used his Sony Ericsson to light up my heel, he was rather disgusted."Oh my god, that looks bad."
So I took the job of washing the wounds myself.
First with water.
Then with dettol mixed with water.
And finally scrubbing my heel with pure dettol but I still couldn't get the oil stains out.
The next concern was how do we get back home?
Walking wasn't an option. The moment I apply a little pressure to my right foot, the wound split right open again.
Dez made this comment,"Look at her, imagine some other girl was in her shoe, the girl will cry, or at least tear, and wait for other guys to help her. She can really endure pain siah."
Not many people take me seriously when I told them that I washed my own wounds even after being knocked down by a bike. Perhaps these 2 guys will think differently after witnessing tonight's incident.
So we did some stunts. Dez ferried me home whereas Zhe had to take 2 bikes at 1 go.
And I sat at my void deck tending to the wound which split open again. So we chatted for a while and i decided to do something sick.
I wiped out my handphone and asked Zhe for his phone. Dez healed me with the lighting and that's how I got the 3 grotesque pictures onto my blog.
Zhe freaked out when I flashed to him the photos that I taken while Dez and I laughed our heads off.
PpD
It'll be at least a week b4 i can attempt to cycle again. *sigh*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home