Do you have a pet?
Some recent happenings...
A bunch of baby praying mantis was found scattering around on the edge of the living room table.
So I decided to catch them before they all have similar fate... being mistaken for ants.
One unfortunate mantis was found half squashed on the floor, it was still very much alive to its last breathe.. that's when darling told me to get him a piece of tissue to put out its misery :(
So we kept them in a large plastic jar for the night.
The next day, we took some plastic spoon and went around the park downstairs.
Dug up some soil, and created a miniature landscape for our new found babies.
Along with it, some new neighbours include butterflies, snails, wood mites, ants, dried leafs, flowers, a jasmine plant and weed.
Somehow by looking at those babies every few minutes a day, I felt better.
I do enjoy pestering him to catch ants to feed my babies.
I guess keeping a pet does have it's own therapeutic effect.
Even his grandma enjoyed looking at this tiniest of life forms.
Just about a month ago, we were strolling past a pet shop and he said something about rearing fishes or cats. While I didn't really took it seriously as fur could have serious effects on an asthmatic person.
My previously experience with fighting fishes left the poor fish with hardly any fins.
My dad gave away my terrapins, which I've kept for like 8 years, cause they've outgrown any possible containers.
My dad's goldfishes ate away my newly introduced fish. :(
My crickets attacked my beautiful but highly toxic caterpillar and it died like some squashed pumpkin.
My primary school science experience with mealworms left the adults eating up the kids. -.-
My cranky dwarf hamster passed on due to old age.
I never had a cat though I would always go meow and pretend that I was one.
The closest pet cat I had was a newly born kitten which I had picked up from the road, and it nearly got ran over by a bus. Mama didn't like the fact that she was so hyper active that she gave it away to a Malay neighbour. :(
The closest pet dog I had was named April and she would always go crazy whenever there was thunderstorm caused it reminded how her previous owner had abandoned her.
The pet rabbit which I had wanted so much to keep was being eaten by April's neighbour, a guard dog.
And I've always wanted to keep the handicap and blind cat that sleeps under the overhead bridge as a pet.
A bunch of baby praying mantis was found scattering around on the edge of the living room table.
So I decided to catch them before they all have similar fate... being mistaken for ants.
One unfortunate mantis was found half squashed on the floor, it was still very much alive to its last breathe.. that's when darling told me to get him a piece of tissue to put out its misery :(
So we kept them in a large plastic jar for the night.
The next day, we took some plastic spoon and went around the park downstairs.
Dug up some soil, and created a miniature landscape for our new found babies.
Along with it, some new neighbours include butterflies, snails, wood mites, ants, dried leafs, flowers, a jasmine plant and weed.
Somehow by looking at those babies every few minutes a day, I felt better.
I do enjoy pestering him to catch ants to feed my babies.
I guess keeping a pet does have it's own therapeutic effect.
Even his grandma enjoyed looking at this tiniest of life forms.
Just about a month ago, we were strolling past a pet shop and he said something about rearing fishes or cats. While I didn't really took it seriously as fur could have serious effects on an asthmatic person.
My previously experience with fighting fishes left the poor fish with hardly any fins.
My dad gave away my terrapins, which I've kept for like 8 years, cause they've outgrown any possible containers.
My dad's goldfishes ate away my newly introduced fish. :(
My crickets attacked my beautiful but highly toxic caterpillar and it died like some squashed pumpkin.
My primary school science experience with mealworms left the adults eating up the kids. -.-
My cranky dwarf hamster passed on due to old age.
I never had a cat though I would always go meow and pretend that I was one.
The closest pet cat I had was a newly born kitten which I had picked up from the road, and it nearly got ran over by a bus. Mama didn't like the fact that she was so hyper active that she gave it away to a Malay neighbour. :(
The closest pet dog I had was named April and she would always go crazy whenever there was thunderstorm caused it reminded how her previous owner had abandoned her.
The pet rabbit which I had wanted so much to keep was being eaten by April's neighbour, a guard dog.
And I've always wanted to keep the handicap and blind cat that sleeps under the overhead bridge as a pet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home