PaPeRdOLL

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I spent some time reflecting on my trading records.

My teacher's wise words shook me up.

If you are patient, this is the kind of trade which can feed you a whole lifetime.

I understood the importanance of waiting with the right attitude.

Previous trading mistakes exposed the flaws of my character.

I had not been patient enough, for if I did, I would have waken up to be a few thousand bucks richer.

But that did not materialise.

The price was right. But in life, shit happens.

I was caught in a bear trap which had wiped out my profits for the night, before the price went plunging down into the abyss...

There's a myriad of factors which is beyond human control. Acknowledging that you are not above others is a very humbling step.

So I stopped trading for that night.

It was a rather exhilarating ride having made thousands, but twice draining not having to keep what you have made. Such journeys often leave the explorer exhausted, like a dehydrated wanderer lost in the endless desert stretch. And if you're not careful, you could start hallucinating and dream of non-existent oasis. That's something which all traders would like to avoid, to draw a fine line between trading and gambling. When you start thinking just one more try... and I'll earn them back. That's when life will be a huge swatter, smacking all the self delusional "invincible" super flies out of the air!

So I wasn't anxious nor keen to lose it all.

But frustrated as I am pondering over what went wrong.

And my dad thought I didn't understand such profound wisdom.

He asked why didn't I book my profits.

That's because I've already did...

Then he remarked that I had lost my cool and therefore I've failed the test.

Dad, the reason why I lost my cool was because I'm trying to find out what the hell went wrong! And I've realised it wasn't my carelessness which lead to my downfall, it was probability! Something which I had no control over.

If I didn't know better, I would have nothing left, because anger would have gotten the better of me and I would have lost even my own capital in that trade, but I escaped unscathed, losing only profits for that night. This is the reality of trading. It is harsh and often brutal.

Which is why I knew when to stop. And when to try again. When the sun dawns upon me and a new day has come.

Indeed they worry too much about me.

So the next day, I made twice of what I've made previously.

Coincidentally, Gordan popped by to check up on me.

So I casually asked him when would it be his turn?

Instinctively, Gordan knew that my teacher was a person in his thirties. Likewise he knew I had an admiration for someone who was much older.

Such instincts, like how parents could sense imminent danger for their children's safety.

I didn't tell him anything but I found there was no need for me to hide anything either. He simply knew.

Simultaneously, while I was typing on my blog that good things are worth the wait, someone else mentioned the same phrase to me.

I get it now. My impatience had ruined my opportunity of waking up with a few thousands bucks richer. Likewise the same theory can be applied to life. Perhaps this is the message that God is trying to tell me.

My soul was peaceful. I stopped what I was doing to listen to that soft voice inside.

And I kept still.

mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home