Expectations
Someone paid me a visit at my workplace today.
He had came with a purpose in mind, asking me where to get a bow tie for his concert performance this coming Sat at Victoria Concert Hall. So I gave him some tips about Takashimaya's exchange policy. :) *Grinz you know what I mean*
And so we chatted for a while. I was asking if he knew another one of my friends, Frederick as I remembered that he'll be performing this saturaday too. Apparently it's a small world.
I was reminded for a second about the things which I had previously liked.
Then I bumped into him again during lunch time.
So we sat down and had lunch together. He was updating me about his Thailand trip as well as his plans to get married and I shared about the happenings in my life. We still talked pretty much like in the old days.
And I passed Miracle Machine's contact to him.
I guess I will not be going for the interview, afterall I felt that he fitted the bill better than I did since he had working experience previously as account manager for an American email marketing and hosting company.
I don't think it's mere conincidence that I had met the Director yesterday and bumped into him today. And he happened to tell me that he was looking for a serious job since he had taken his break while doing social work.
So he asked how much was I earning.
The answer surprised him.
I told him of my plans to either enter uni or try to set up a mini business which I can manage on a part time basis.
In a way, I do miss talking to him. Like in the past, he would guide me and provide me with some bright ideas on how I should go about handling things. And sometimes we'll do crazy things like exploring roadside stalls in Singapore. (PS that's how I got to know all the good food) There's always little regrets in life. *Sigh that's something which I'll have to learn to accept* It's always nice to know that you still have a good friend who's encouraging you all the way.
After work, I decided to pamper myself with green tea frap.
I miss my dear's special made green tea frap. Reminds me of those days we would walk down Orch Rd sharing that huge cup of full cream goodness. *Sigh* I miss having her in my arms and just catching up on stuff.
My supervisor's expectation of me is sky high. Sometimes I find myself not having enough breathing space. Today she had another private session with me. I'm expected to behave like a leader, able to teach and groom people, correct their mistakes, assist in closing sales. The thing is I've only been seriously into this job for less than 3 weeks and I'm still trying to grasp everything that I am suppose to know. I don't think I am ready to teach another person yet. I don't consider myself good enough currently. It's not like I know everything inside out, I'm still learning.
And then she asked me to stay on for a full year so that i can enjoy all the staff benefits. I still want to head on to uni, don't tempt me please!
PpD
Kopi sweetie wrote me a testimony, I shall go read it :P
PS. I decided against the LV job opening though the brand name sounds good on my resume. The pay sucks so much I'm better off doing what I am doing currently. :)
He had came with a purpose in mind, asking me where to get a bow tie for his concert performance this coming Sat at Victoria Concert Hall. So I gave him some tips about Takashimaya's exchange policy. :) *Grinz you know what I mean*
And so we chatted for a while. I was asking if he knew another one of my friends, Frederick as I remembered that he'll be performing this saturaday too. Apparently it's a small world.
I was reminded for a second about the things which I had previously liked.
Then I bumped into him again during lunch time.
So we sat down and had lunch together. He was updating me about his Thailand trip as well as his plans to get married and I shared about the happenings in my life. We still talked pretty much like in the old days.
And I passed Miracle Machine's contact to him.
I guess I will not be going for the interview, afterall I felt that he fitted the bill better than I did since he had working experience previously as account manager for an American email marketing and hosting company.
I don't think it's mere conincidence that I had met the Director yesterday and bumped into him today. And he happened to tell me that he was looking for a serious job since he had taken his break while doing social work.
So he asked how much was I earning.
The answer surprised him.
I told him of my plans to either enter uni or try to set up a mini business which I can manage on a part time basis.
In a way, I do miss talking to him. Like in the past, he would guide me and provide me with some bright ideas on how I should go about handling things. And sometimes we'll do crazy things like exploring roadside stalls in Singapore. (PS that's how I got to know all the good food) There's always little regrets in life. *Sigh that's something which I'll have to learn to accept* It's always nice to know that you still have a good friend who's encouraging you all the way.
After work, I decided to pamper myself with green tea frap.
I miss my dear's special made green tea frap. Reminds me of those days we would walk down Orch Rd sharing that huge cup of full cream goodness. *Sigh* I miss having her in my arms and just catching up on stuff.
My supervisor's expectation of me is sky high. Sometimes I find myself not having enough breathing space. Today she had another private session with me. I'm expected to behave like a leader, able to teach and groom people, correct their mistakes, assist in closing sales. The thing is I've only been seriously into this job for less than 3 weeks and I'm still trying to grasp everything that I am suppose to know. I don't think I am ready to teach another person yet. I don't consider myself good enough currently. It's not like I know everything inside out, I'm still learning.
And then she asked me to stay on for a full year so that i can enjoy all the staff benefits. I still want to head on to uni, don't tempt me please!
PpD
Kopi sweetie wrote me a testimony, I shall go read it :P
PS. I decided against the LV job opening though the brand name sounds good on my resume. The pay sucks so much I'm better off doing what I am doing currently. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home