PaPeRdOLL

Saturday, July 05, 2008

This teeny weeny bit of vindication is getting on my nerves. I mean seriously, do you like it when someone just goes off on you day by day saying things like,"You don't care about me?" I know how that feels, mental images of a thousand screaming babies seeking for mummy's attention just automatically pops into my mind. But mind you, this isn't a baby. This is an adult.

Firstly, if you want to start a fight about something. Don't ever start with the sentence,"You don't care about me" or "You don't think for me" or "You don't this.. You don't that." Doing that will only effectively cause the other party to be so turned off instantly. So if you keep repeating such mistakes I can only wish you good luck cause no one ain't hearing you. Secondly, doing this in the long run will only make you comparable to whiny babies. Nothing wrong with that, except that babies are in a position to whine because they don't know how to communicate their needs yet. But as a grown adult, I suppose opening your mouth and expressing your needs in a more constructive manner like,"Hey, I'm not feeling that great, can we have some time alone?" would score points with that girl that you've been seeing. Point taken?

Next, don't bring up the past during fights. It's not cool and it's not fair. What's past is past, what matters now is the present. It's not cool at all to bring up things like,"Now I know why your ex behaved like this... or that." Simply because you ain't in a position to judge another person? Have you been there living through the person's life and witnessing everything that has happened? Obviously not. So it would be wise to keep your big mouth shut about such things. Who knows, the person might just shut your big mouth right back into your face,"Even though Fate and I fight alot, we don't ever flare up at each other in public, he handles situations with people tactfully (that's a plus point for him) and I appreciate that by getting off his back and giving him the time off and space that he desires" or "Even though Lavey and I fought a lot in public, he bothers to ring up my best friend and seek a second opinion on things (that's another plus for him) and I appreciate his thoughtfulness by putting in more effort in listening to what he has got to say when he's ready to talk." And opps, you didn't know of such stuff right? Getting caught in your mouth right now? So don't bring up the past in a fight, you might just find your own foot getting stuck in your mouth.

Thirdly, if you find yourself consistently saying that this person is a problem, then simply don't hang out with that person and don't be with that person. Because no man would have problems being themselves. If it isn't to your liking then you should go find someone who is to your liking. The problem here lies with you having to pick on every tiny detail which makes it so frustrating and irritating as no one would like to live their days unhappy. So take a break, you deserve it and so does the other person.

Signing off,
Aunt Agony
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home