I will receive my confirmation by Estime on 17th Jan 2006
So now I will have 2 posts in the company:
1) Sales - Roadshows and Retail (Every weekends)
2) Admin and Customer Service (Every Tuesday)
My manager was asking me what would I work as after I graduate. I told her about my plans that if I were to enter Uni, I would only be able to work full time for 3 months. If I'm not able to enter Uni, I will be applying for a buying position at Robinson and slog my way up from the bottom.
She was keen to sign me up for the long run. There's some other considerations that I have because of my other commitments such as tuition and whether I would be seeking full time employment upon graduation.
Toscano has been asking me back and they want me to be in their retail team as a permanent part-timer. My team supervisor has also been asking me about my plans after graduation. She was enthusiastic about having me back that she had asked the upper management to increase my pay as well as to allow me with flexible timings and days. They are keen on confirming my status as their retail staff upon my graduation.
I've yet to ask them to write an appraisal for me. I think I better get those stuff done soon.
The pros and cons of having to work full time if I had to choose only 1 company:
Estime
Supplements are harder to sell, requires a lot of patience and explanations before customers will purchase. Dependent on advertisements and promotions to increase sales.
The good thing is I get to learn the different aspects. (Thanks to the job nature which the 2 positions can offer and job rotation) So I get to do not just only selling, inventory management, promotions, sales forecasts, following up on customers, be involved with customer service, and be well educated on the entire service delivery process of the company. The telesales training which I had learnt from Pacific Internet came in really handy as my manager was impressed at how I handled the customers over the phone. Good customer service means being patient and listening to what your customers have to say and making the neccessary changes. So I do get upclose and personal with the customers and this is essential for building a long term relationship with the customers.
Toscano
Basically a well established brand in Singapore. The fact that it's situated right smack in Takashimaya makes it appealing to me, as I have intentions to become a buyer in future and this would come in handy when applying for a post at Robinson. The seniors there are good. One of the best retail staff that I had ever seen. There's a lot of excellent selling skills which I can learn from them especially since they have dominated the first position in terms of sales figure in the entire ladies handbag department for a really long time.
I handle call-in complaints (thanks to the excellent staff training for telesales at pacific internet) and most of my customers walk away satisfied after I handled their complaints. I do see a lot of lifetime value of customers being wasted because there's no one else to handle such complaints. I can understand the opportunity cost of losing a current potential sales as compared to losing future potential sales since the seniors are reluctant to handle customer complaints. But if handled properly, they can turn this into a good opportunity and retain the lifetime value of the customer.
I love being financially independent. It's the freedom and the knowledge of knowing that you have the ability to pay for what you use or buy that makes it so appealing.
And it's going to be a new year soon!
A new year wishlist that I have (not in order)
1) I wanna splurge on a pedicure for Chinese New Year!
2) Memoirs of a Geisha (Anyone interested?)
3) Switching back from Starhub to Singtel
4) Making it to NUS (though its a distant possibility; NTU is more like it)
5) Catching up with all my friends (I'm so socially DEAD!)
6) Staying happy, healthy and humorous!
7) Buying that 2 in 1 printer and scanner since my printer is spoilt!
8) Shop for shorts and beachwear so that I can wear bikinis at home! (since I hate wearing bras! lol)
9) post graduation VACATION!
10) Taking up courses (street dance/cooking/catwalking)
11) Source for more tuition assignments upon graduation
Life is just waiting to be lived!
I'm starting tuition again in 2 Jan 06
It will be on every tues and thurs 5pm to 9pm with 1 hr dinner break in between.
I'm thankful my babe Angela dragged me out to Zouk. Missed the dirty dancing with my girls though I was feeling dead tired after work. Zouk music was great but the crowd sucked. It was so jammed packed until it was body against body and some asshole kept pushing and shoving me and I kept losing my balance. :/ And there was some disgusting freak whom kept dancing into me until Angela shoved him away once and for all. Zhi Xiong is a damn good bf (PS HM this is for you.) He did a great job at protecting us girls until he pushed those guys away and we nearly got into a yelling match. I was already swearing my head off by then cuz those unruly boys stepped all over my feet until blueblacks appeared. Zouk was overall boring because someone wasn't there. I had only down 1 graveyard and that was shared with ZX and it was FOC cuz the blur cashier returned us the money! Wee! (And to think my babe Angela wanted to pang seh me and go home as the queue was sooooo damn long T.T but thank God for UOB mini which offers priority entrance to Zouk.) I went home really early at 2am as I couldn't dance anymore all thanks to those uncultured monkeys.
I didn't realise a lot of my school people actually do club. Until I saw Christine. YES IT'S HER FROM CLASS 06! OMG WHERE IS THE WORLD COMING TO?! I couldn't even recognise her when she called up my name as I was scanning the dancefloor for my babe. And when she told me that she's Christine, I thought she had gone for a makeover or something. The specs were gone but GASP it's such a radical change. I never knew she would club or does club, my impression of her was like a modern day Cinderella, must be home by 12 midnight.
And I'm starting to get used to a new tagname whenever bumping into SP people when hanging out with the MMSP crowd. "Oh, you don't know them? They are from MMSP." *And then lets out a big Ohhh! and sudden warm handshake* So that's my new tag name (and for many other finalists too)
I've been a good girl today. I cleared out my room, packed my stuff and clothes. Sent my clothes for alterations. (Damn it's getting expensive to alter my clothes these days, 5 pieces came up to a hefty 46 bucks! Now you must understand why I love shopping at KAI because it's all one off pieces with free alterations including future FOC follow up services. A woman gotta do what a woman gotta do - shopping! Mango year end sale looks so deliciously tempting with a 50% off!) Visited the bank, paid all my bills and stuff. Was about to finish up e-learning when my internet connection decided to go bonkus on me again. (And singnet tech support is forever engaged. I wonder what's wrong?)Was checking up on the singtel mobile shop for the latest price plans (Thinking of switching over to the i-plus plan, seems to be an attractive offer.)
Someone's birthday coming up soon. I'll like to wish you a happy birthday! Is there a chalet coming up soon? *giggle* MMSP gathering soon! *cross fingers*
PpD
So now I will have 2 posts in the company:
1) Sales - Roadshows and Retail (Every weekends)
2) Admin and Customer Service (Every Tuesday)
My manager was asking me what would I work as after I graduate. I told her about my plans that if I were to enter Uni, I would only be able to work full time for 3 months. If I'm not able to enter Uni, I will be applying for a buying position at Robinson and slog my way up from the bottom.
She was keen to sign me up for the long run. There's some other considerations that I have because of my other commitments such as tuition and whether I would be seeking full time employment upon graduation.
Toscano has been asking me back and they want me to be in their retail team as a permanent part-timer. My team supervisor has also been asking me about my plans after graduation. She was enthusiastic about having me back that she had asked the upper management to increase my pay as well as to allow me with flexible timings and days. They are keen on confirming my status as their retail staff upon my graduation.
I've yet to ask them to write an appraisal for me. I think I better get those stuff done soon.
The pros and cons of having to work full time if I had to choose only 1 company:
Estime
Supplements are harder to sell, requires a lot of patience and explanations before customers will purchase. Dependent on advertisements and promotions to increase sales.
The good thing is I get to learn the different aspects. (Thanks to the job nature which the 2 positions can offer and job rotation) So I get to do not just only selling, inventory management, promotions, sales forecasts, following up on customers, be involved with customer service, and be well educated on the entire service delivery process of the company. The telesales training which I had learnt from Pacific Internet came in really handy as my manager was impressed at how I handled the customers over the phone. Good customer service means being patient and listening to what your customers have to say and making the neccessary changes. So I do get upclose and personal with the customers and this is essential for building a long term relationship with the customers.
Toscano
Basically a well established brand in Singapore. The fact that it's situated right smack in Takashimaya makes it appealing to me, as I have intentions to become a buyer in future and this would come in handy when applying for a post at Robinson. The seniors there are good. One of the best retail staff that I had ever seen. There's a lot of excellent selling skills which I can learn from them especially since they have dominated the first position in terms of sales figure in the entire ladies handbag department for a really long time.
I handle call-in complaints (thanks to the excellent staff training for telesales at pacific internet) and most of my customers walk away satisfied after I handled their complaints. I do see a lot of lifetime value of customers being wasted because there's no one else to handle such complaints. I can understand the opportunity cost of losing a current potential sales as compared to losing future potential sales since the seniors are reluctant to handle customer complaints. But if handled properly, they can turn this into a good opportunity and retain the lifetime value of the customer.
I love being financially independent. It's the freedom and the knowledge of knowing that you have the ability to pay for what you use or buy that makes it so appealing.
And it's going to be a new year soon!
A new year wishlist that I have (not in order)
1) I wanna splurge on a pedicure for Chinese New Year!
2) Memoirs of a Geisha (Anyone interested?)
3) Switching back from Starhub to Singtel
4) Making it to NUS (though its a distant possibility; NTU is more like it)
5) Catching up with all my friends (I'm so socially DEAD!)
6) Staying happy, healthy and humorous!
7) Buying that 2 in 1 printer and scanner since my printer is spoilt!
8) Shop for shorts and beachwear so that I can wear bikinis at home! (since I hate wearing bras! lol)
9) post graduation VACATION!
10) Taking up courses (street dance/cooking/catwalking)
11) Source for more tuition assignments upon graduation
Life is just waiting to be lived!
I'm starting tuition again in 2 Jan 06
It will be on every tues and thurs 5pm to 9pm with 1 hr dinner break in between.
I'm thankful my babe Angela dragged me out to Zouk. Missed the dirty dancing with my girls though I was feeling dead tired after work. Zouk music was great but the crowd sucked. It was so jammed packed until it was body against body and some asshole kept pushing and shoving me and I kept losing my balance. :/ And there was some disgusting freak whom kept dancing into me until Angela shoved him away once and for all. Zhi Xiong is a damn good bf (PS HM this is for you.) He did a great job at protecting us girls until he pushed those guys away and we nearly got into a yelling match. I was already swearing my head off by then cuz those unruly boys stepped all over my feet until blueblacks appeared. Zouk was overall boring because someone wasn't there. I had only down 1 graveyard and that was shared with ZX and it was FOC cuz the blur cashier returned us the money! Wee! (And to think my babe Angela wanted to pang seh me and go home as the queue was sooooo damn long T.T but thank God for UOB mini which offers priority entrance to Zouk.) I went home really early at 2am as I couldn't dance anymore all thanks to those uncultured monkeys.
I didn't realise a lot of my school people actually do club. Until I saw Christine. YES IT'S HER FROM CLASS 06! OMG WHERE IS THE WORLD COMING TO?! I couldn't even recognise her when she called up my name as I was scanning the dancefloor for my babe. And when she told me that she's Christine, I thought she had gone for a makeover or something. The specs were gone but GASP it's such a radical change. I never knew she would club or does club, my impression of her was like a modern day Cinderella, must be home by 12 midnight.
And I'm starting to get used to a new tagname whenever bumping into SP people when hanging out with the MMSP crowd. "Oh, you don't know them? They are from MMSP." *And then lets out a big Ohhh! and sudden warm handshake* So that's my new tag name (and for many other finalists too)
I've been a good girl today. I cleared out my room, packed my stuff and clothes. Sent my clothes for alterations. (Damn it's getting expensive to alter my clothes these days, 5 pieces came up to a hefty 46 bucks! Now you must understand why I love shopping at KAI because it's all one off pieces with free alterations including future FOC follow up services. A woman gotta do what a woman gotta do - shopping! Mango year end sale looks so deliciously tempting with a 50% off!) Visited the bank, paid all my bills and stuff. Was about to finish up e-learning when my internet connection decided to go bonkus on me again. (And singnet tech support is forever engaged. I wonder what's wrong?)Was checking up on the singtel mobile shop for the latest price plans (Thinking of switching over to the i-plus plan, seems to be an attractive offer.)
Someone's birthday coming up soon. I'll like to wish you a happy birthday! Is there a chalet coming up soon? *giggle* MMSP gathering soon! *cross fingers*
PpD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home