So,
I've started working at a MNC, ACE (ESIS Asia Pacific Pte Ltd), I'm in charge of administration, but I do more than just that.
I design and handle marketing materials for consultancy work and then I do the marketing part from generating company listings to building rapport with clients, I have to do coordination (acting as middle man between corporate clients and consultants and Ministry of Manpower and Hotels and list-goes-on-and-on), I double up as a secretary for both my Managing Director and Marketing Manager. And everytime they have an event, I'm the one who's most likely required to read up on the subject (trust me it makes me feel like i'm studying engineering since everything is so technical and in-depth) and prepare over 100+ professionally done powerpoint slides for just 1 presentation. That's not all, I have to do translation (trust me that sucks due to my sucky chinese... and God knows how I even got A2 for O levels... + jargons and technical terms don't make my job any easier) and now I draft contracts (Never knew I had to dabble with law.) Just today, I've got another new title: The IT Expert (Inclusive of handling software problems to hardware, typing, handling corporate IT documents, managing databases, figuring out how to use software which I've never seen before, etc)
Well if you consider that to be part of grooming, then everything's great. (Since the director himself was the one who had keen interest in grooming me.) Cool, I even have my own namecard now.
But at the end of a busy day, I always ask myself this: What's the purpose of doing this? Does it bring me satisfaction?
The job prospects does look good (both for the future and on your resume) Even my current job scope makes me a more marketable employee for any future jobs.
Just yesterday, my boss asked me to handle the most important part of the government project, I kindly rejected his offer.
Why do I still feel so empty then?
I'm still pretty much a workaholic. Though technically work ends for me at 6pm everyday, but I still bring home work waiting to be done/prepared.
Sometimes I wished life was more strightforward and that everyone of us were given a compass right from the start, telling us specifically where to head to at specific points of time.
Right now I wished I could talk to you.
When my mind stops thinking about work, the next thing that cross my mind was you.
Weird.
Signing off,
PpD
I've started working at a MNC, ACE (ESIS Asia Pacific Pte Ltd), I'm in charge of administration, but I do more than just that.
I design and handle marketing materials for consultancy work and then I do the marketing part from generating company listings to building rapport with clients, I have to do coordination (acting as middle man between corporate clients and consultants and Ministry of Manpower and Hotels and list-goes-on-and-on), I double up as a secretary for both my Managing Director and Marketing Manager. And everytime they have an event, I'm the one who's most likely required to read up on the subject (trust me it makes me feel like i'm studying engineering since everything is so technical and in-depth) and prepare over 100+ professionally done powerpoint slides for just 1 presentation. That's not all, I have to do translation (trust me that sucks due to my sucky chinese... and God knows how I even got A2 for O levels... + jargons and technical terms don't make my job any easier) and now I draft contracts (Never knew I had to dabble with law.) Just today, I've got another new title: The IT Expert (Inclusive of handling software problems to hardware, typing, handling corporate IT documents, managing databases, figuring out how to use software which I've never seen before, etc)
Well if you consider that to be part of grooming, then everything's great. (Since the director himself was the one who had keen interest in grooming me.) Cool, I even have my own namecard now.
But at the end of a busy day, I always ask myself this: What's the purpose of doing this? Does it bring me satisfaction?
The job prospects does look good (both for the future and on your resume) Even my current job scope makes me a more marketable employee for any future jobs.
Just yesterday, my boss asked me to handle the most important part of the government project, I kindly rejected his offer.
Why do I still feel so empty then?
I'm still pretty much a workaholic. Though technically work ends for me at 6pm everyday, but I still bring home work waiting to be done/prepared.
Sometimes I wished life was more strightforward and that everyone of us were given a compass right from the start, telling us specifically where to head to at specific points of time.
Right now I wished I could talk to you.
When my mind stops thinking about work, the next thing that cross my mind was you.
Weird.
Signing off,
PpD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home