Sunday morning was a mistake right from the start.
I told my mum that my grandma had wanted to try the sleeping system.
Immediately my mum called up my cousin, Peter, and said this to him,"Oh Peter, please help. My daughter got herself into trouble again."
Imagine hearing this shitty sentence from your own mother.
Yes. It was her who had benefitted from the sleeping system which I got for her.
And such cruel words came out of her moouth.
I didn't understand why.
It hurt me deeply.
And even though I told her that I was in a rush for time to church, she didn't care.
She couldn't care less except to shove the phone into my face.
Peter was on the other line and this is what he said to me,"Stop approaching your relatives to make them feel obligated to buy from you! If you are so good at sales go approach strangers."
And I replied him one sentence,"The reason why I had approached grandma was because she has constipation and this will help her."
But the scoldings persisted.
My mum's additional comments made things worst for me.
I felt like shit. I didn't understand why my own mother had betrayed me.
Before I could even step out of my house to work, she reprimanded me for using up my EZ-Link card again.
Nothing that I do had ever please her.
Not even my job, or my grades, or my life, or even my friends.
She had to criticise almost everything from her own life, to my dad, to me, to everyone else except herself.
And I didn't return home for the next 2 nights.
And today, while waiting for the bus to my grandma's house.
I cried all the way.
I stood on the bus stop crying despite the tons of people staring at me.
I boarded the bus and the tears were still flowing and no one offered a piece of tissue.
I got down the bus and looked for my grandma at her majong kaki's place.
They were shocked and asked me what happened.
Still the pain and hurt that my mother had caused me was too much for me to bear.
I told her what they had said to me.
And she said that I'm not in the wrong, that my mum had her own flaws and I shouldn't always be crying because it's not good for health.
Even my own grandmother could feel the pain that I felt in my heart.
All the years of struggle... had gone down the drain.
Even spending my own hard earn cash to get the sleeping system for her to sleep meant absolutely nothing to her.
I don't know what to do with her.
I don't want to even speak to her.
My mother had abandoned and betrayed me once more again.
I pick myself up and told myself that I will succeed.
I WILL SUCCEED ONE DAY.
AND I WANT TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT HER FACE WHEN I MAKE IT.
I told my mum that my grandma had wanted to try the sleeping system.
Immediately my mum called up my cousin, Peter, and said this to him,"Oh Peter, please help. My daughter got herself into trouble again."
Imagine hearing this shitty sentence from your own mother.
Yes. It was her who had benefitted from the sleeping system which I got for her.
And such cruel words came out of her moouth.
I didn't understand why.
It hurt me deeply.
And even though I told her that I was in a rush for time to church, she didn't care.
She couldn't care less except to shove the phone into my face.
Peter was on the other line and this is what he said to me,"Stop approaching your relatives to make them feel obligated to buy from you! If you are so good at sales go approach strangers."
And I replied him one sentence,"The reason why I had approached grandma was because she has constipation and this will help her."
But the scoldings persisted.
My mum's additional comments made things worst for me.
I felt like shit. I didn't understand why my own mother had betrayed me.
Before I could even step out of my house to work, she reprimanded me for using up my EZ-Link card again.
Nothing that I do had ever please her.
Not even my job, or my grades, or my life, or even my friends.
She had to criticise almost everything from her own life, to my dad, to me, to everyone else except herself.
And I didn't return home for the next 2 nights.
And today, while waiting for the bus to my grandma's house.
I cried all the way.
I stood on the bus stop crying despite the tons of people staring at me.
I boarded the bus and the tears were still flowing and no one offered a piece of tissue.
I got down the bus and looked for my grandma at her majong kaki's place.
They were shocked and asked me what happened.
Still the pain and hurt that my mother had caused me was too much for me to bear.
I told her what they had said to me.
And she said that I'm not in the wrong, that my mum had her own flaws and I shouldn't always be crying because it's not good for health.
Even my own grandmother could feel the pain that I felt in my heart.
All the years of struggle... had gone down the drain.
Even spending my own hard earn cash to get the sleeping system for her to sleep meant absolutely nothing to her.
I don't know what to do with her.
I don't want to even speak to her.
My mother had abandoned and betrayed me once more again.
I pick myself up and told myself that I will succeed.
I WILL SUCCEED ONE DAY.
AND I WANT TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT HER FACE WHEN I MAKE IT.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home