Dinner was ok.
I forced myself to take in red meat even though I was eyeing on the fish instead.
Then there came the candy floss.
Not one.
Not two.
Not three.
But four!
And I was happily plucking the floss like a kid, savoring every bit of it.
Sweet!
I was quiet after dinner. Half the lively person that I was.
The real part of me was worried.
Worried sick.
Why didn't the person get back to me?
All I wanted to do was to just be there.
There's times I struggle whether I should keep trying or I should just give up like what others around have done.
Then the question came back to me, if I should do that... what difference would it make between them and me?
My friends were having their share of fun.
Participating in a game of truth/dare.
Then someone had to ask the question,"Name all those whom you used to have a crush/like/love in our circle."
I cringed. *Cold sweat*
And when it was another person's turn to ask, nothing better came out,"Who did you kiss before?"
*Another cold sweat*
For a split second I was reminded of the chicken wing dream.
I often pondered why things were clearer to me at that point of time. But I think Ade's right, I'm usually the last to know.
I forced myself to take in red meat even though I was eyeing on the fish instead.
Then there came the candy floss.
Not one.
Not two.
Not three.
But four!
And I was happily plucking the floss like a kid, savoring every bit of it.
Sweet!
I was quiet after dinner. Half the lively person that I was.
The real part of me was worried.
Worried sick.
Why didn't the person get back to me?
All I wanted to do was to just be there.
There's times I struggle whether I should keep trying or I should just give up like what others around have done.
Then the question came back to me, if I should do that... what difference would it make between them and me?
My friends were having their share of fun.
Participating in a game of truth/dare.
Then someone had to ask the question,"Name all those whom you used to have a crush/like/love in our circle."
I cringed. *Cold sweat*
And when it was another person's turn to ask, nothing better came out,"Who did you kiss before?"
*Another cold sweat*
For a split second I was reminded of the chicken wing dream.
I often pondered why things were clearer to me at that point of time. But I think Ade's right, I'm usually the last to know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home