PaPeRdOLL

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My com died on me last night.

I barely could hear my heartbeat when my computer failed to boot.

The error message showed : Your computer has been overclocked

This is what happens when you mistreat your computer like the way I do. Multiple programs with MSN, i tunes, Warcraft Frozen Throne, Maple Story, uncountable windows of firefox and leaving it on 24 X 7 for convenience sake.

So there I was, fumbling with my mobo, reaching for the battery with a screwdriver. (I know you must be thinking wth is she doing? I forgot my bios password ~.~)

Entering into Bios, I manually changed all my settings to slow down the death of my chipset.

Gosh.

And the best quoted price that sponsors could offer is $600 for DFI nf4 ultra bundled with athlon 64 939 3000+ (Frankly speaking, that's like the standard market price, or to be more specific, that's a hell lot of profit cuz other amd mobo of equal speeds are only going for like $500+?)

So thank God that we went to sim lim the other day and I gotten to know people there while my 2 babes were gushing over their asus lappy (k i got to thank you 2 babes for dragging me into that shop!)

Specially went down to Sim Lim today and I got a good deal :P

DFI NF4 ULTRA + athlon 64 939 3000+ for just $485 (cost of athlon 939 goes for $220 do the maths!)

X700 256MB PCI express GFX card for just $200

BenQ internal CD-Rewrite for $79

And it was funny because when I stepped into the shop, they were like going, "Hey aint you from alt?"

And I was like thinking, how did they even know me

Then he went on,"Oh saw u at Comex."

Tml I'm heading back down to simlim again. This time to sell off my soltek mobo and athlon 2500 as well as my geXcube radeon 9600pro T.T

My loyal computer has served me well but alas there's always a time for parting.
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home