PaPeRdOLL

Friday, October 21, 2005

Someone had asked me to believe in myself and the talents that I possess.

It's not that I don't, or I'm not aware of my strengths.

It's useless if your talents ain't able to bring in the dough at the end of the day. Society is that realistic and Singapore is that practical.

How many musicians die poor before becoming famous?

Mozart was so poor he couldn't even afford a proper burial. They had to steal a statue and a tombstone from other graves. (And did you know he had to share his grave with 2 other people? They were buried right on top of his coffin.)

How many artists die penniless before their works become priceless?

Life is just that practical. Unless you are able to make it real big in your lifetime, it's a sad truth that artistic talents don't get you anywhere in Singapore. There isn't a market big enough to support and sustain such talents.

Designers make it big because people recognise them.

Recognition is a relative theory in life.
The absolute theory lies in how you feed yourself each day.

If you have the money, by all means go abroad where people are more culturally refined and able to better appreciate such works of art.

So, if you ask me, realism versus aspirations. I guess realism will have to come first.

Welcome to Singapore mate.

(I don't mean I'm giving up on my artistic abilities, I'll be keeping them around as hobbies. However, I would suggest seeking out more "exploitable" talents, develop them, refine them and use them to bring in the necessary dough for day to day living.)

ok, it's time for me to sleep.

I'm on early shift the next day.

Zonked Out,
PpD
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home