First of all : HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Next is I've got some great news to share with everyone.
I'm being poached by many companies even before graduation.
In Takashimaya alone, 3 companies have already approached me
1) Fion's boss has expressed interest
2) Coach (Branded Designer Bags from New York) has approached me today
3) Toscano has been showing me their latest pay scheme
Other than Takashimaya, Estime has expressed interest in hiring me for long term.
I have my own plans in continuing tuition.
So here's what the each of the companies have to offer so far (just a basic outline)
Coach
$1300 Basic pay *(subjected to change)
$400 Fix Commission
$1700 Guaranteed take home every month (that's pretty high for a starting pay for Diploma)
But there's currently not much details on the staff benefits and OT payrate. I will need to meet up with the upper managment to negiotiate my basic pay as I do have a relevant diploma which meets their criteria. It was actually surprising as it was Wendy (one of Coach's full timer who had recommanded me to her manager w/o my knowledge and her manager has expressed interest in hiring me whether full time or part time. The guaranteed part time rate is $8.50/hr, any timing, but no commission.
Since Coach belongs to the Branded category, it doesn't require a lot of effort to sell the bags as customers will still purchase the bags on their own due to the Brand's reputation. I'll still need to go for an interview to find out more details about the payrate. Lower chances of promotion as they hire quite a large number of educated staff. (Degree holders)
Toscano
$820-$1000 Basic Pay *(subjected to change)
$800-$2000 Commission
1.5X OT pay
$40 Incentive pay (for putting on makeup ROFL)
$100 allowance **(for hitting sales target)
Annual leave benefits
Free Bags
$1660 - $3140 Take home pay w/o adding in OT
Work hard and you get a good pay. Toscano is sure to sell since it's a well established brand in Singapore, but very long working hours and high sales target means a plenty of stress. I've yet to negotiate with my regional manager about my basic pay, since $820 is meant for the Malaysians and Singaporeans get higher basic pay. It is a ideal starting ground to learn how to be a buyer since my regional manager and supervisor are both very willing to teach me all the tricks in the trade. My supervisor is interested in grooming leadership skills in me. The chances of promotion is high as most of the staff are not well educated. Wide variety and assortment of product range.
Estime
I'll need to speak to my manager about my pay when I have talked to all my managers with regards to the job offers. The enjoyable thing about working at Sherry is job rotation and I get to learn a lot more about the company processes besides just selling skills. There is a greater chance of promotion as the company is still small. Product range is limited.
Tuition
I'll definitely keep this as part of my staple jobs as I simply love teaching. I do have plans ro rake up enough job experience before applying to become a lecturer at any tertiary institutes in Singapore.
Fion
Not interested. I don't like the way they duplicate popular designs of top selling brands. Speaks much about originality.
Next is I've got some great news to share with everyone.
I'm being poached by many companies even before graduation.
In Takashimaya alone, 3 companies have already approached me
1) Fion's boss has expressed interest
2) Coach (Branded Designer Bags from New York) has approached me today
3) Toscano has been showing me their latest pay scheme
Other than Takashimaya, Estime has expressed interest in hiring me for long term.
I have my own plans in continuing tuition.
So here's what the each of the companies have to offer so far (just a basic outline)
Coach
$1300 Basic pay *(subjected to change)
$400 Fix Commission
$1700 Guaranteed take home every month (that's pretty high for a starting pay for Diploma)
But there's currently not much details on the staff benefits and OT payrate. I will need to meet up with the upper managment to negiotiate my basic pay as I do have a relevant diploma which meets their criteria. It was actually surprising as it was Wendy (one of Coach's full timer who had recommanded me to her manager w/o my knowledge and her manager has expressed interest in hiring me whether full time or part time. The guaranteed part time rate is $8.50/hr, any timing, but no commission.
Since Coach belongs to the Branded category, it doesn't require a lot of effort to sell the bags as customers will still purchase the bags on their own due to the Brand's reputation. I'll still need to go for an interview to find out more details about the payrate. Lower chances of promotion as they hire quite a large number of educated staff. (Degree holders)
Toscano
$820-$1000 Basic Pay *(subjected to change)
$800-$2000 Commission
1.5X OT pay
$40 Incentive pay (for putting on makeup ROFL)
$100 allowance **(for hitting sales target)
Annual leave benefits
Free Bags
$1660 - $3140 Take home pay w/o adding in OT
Work hard and you get a good pay. Toscano is sure to sell since it's a well established brand in Singapore, but very long working hours and high sales target means a plenty of stress. I've yet to negotiate with my regional manager about my basic pay, since $820 is meant for the Malaysians and Singaporeans get higher basic pay. It is a ideal starting ground to learn how to be a buyer since my regional manager and supervisor are both very willing to teach me all the tricks in the trade. My supervisor is interested in grooming leadership skills in me. The chances of promotion is high as most of the staff are not well educated. Wide variety and assortment of product range.
Estime
I'll need to speak to my manager about my pay when I have talked to all my managers with regards to the job offers. The enjoyable thing about working at Sherry is job rotation and I get to learn a lot more about the company processes besides just selling skills. There is a greater chance of promotion as the company is still small. Product range is limited.
Tuition
I'll definitely keep this as part of my staple jobs as I simply love teaching. I do have plans ro rake up enough job experience before applying to become a lecturer at any tertiary institutes in Singapore.
Fion
Not interested. I don't like the way they duplicate popular designs of top selling brands. Speaks much about originality.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home