No Fret!
I understand what's the problem here.
It took me about a month before I could get hold of my own emotions. Sometimes the problem doesn't lie with anyone or anything. Even the best of plans can fail at times with unexpected things cropping up.
Just when I was reading what you wrote, I felt the same way when I didn't perform up to my own expectations. I totally switched off from trading for a month and left my holdings stagnant while trying to figure out what went wrong.
Coming back to it a month later gave me a clearer mindset to look at things from a different perspective. Then I recalled something which my dad had said to me before I had started on investing. His advice was,"Yong Ping Chang Xin Qu Dui Dai Shi Li" to always use a mentality of normality to everything that happens. What he was trying to say that even the most castrophobic thing that can happen will be just a normal thing when it passes. Coming to think of it, it is true. And I realise that nothing was wrong. I had did my part of the planning. I just need more patience and less emotional interference when results don't meet up to expectations.
Therefore I agree with this quote that I took from one of the investing forums. "magnum wrote :
recession and deep corrections has happened many times over past 10 yrs.
name it. yr 97, yr 00, yr 01 - 9/11,, yr 07 off my head. it has happened again and again.not diff to make $$.
my buddy has devised a very stupid method but it works. if creative shares drops to $5 then i buy and keep lor. he makes many $$ times from this no logic manner.
key is u got to hv cash, amno at hand.
impt: no matter what i say, nobody will listen.. u know why!
the biggest mkting lie by all the mutual fund managers and advisors is to ask u to invest long long term.. why! so they can be in business long long time.
for this to work, u got to DCA over a period of losses as well, but how many ppl actually do it.. hence u wont fulfill the returns advertised by them!!! haha..
most of the times, many noise out there to instill fear and greed. nowadays i tell myself.. losing job, losing ur car and house and not becoming rich is okay. when u think like dat, no fear and no greed. like a monk.. haha"
It took me about a month before I could get hold of my own emotions. Sometimes the problem doesn't lie with anyone or anything. Even the best of plans can fail at times with unexpected things cropping up.
Just when I was reading what you wrote, I felt the same way when I didn't perform up to my own expectations. I totally switched off from trading for a month and left my holdings stagnant while trying to figure out what went wrong.
Coming back to it a month later gave me a clearer mindset to look at things from a different perspective. Then I recalled something which my dad had said to me before I had started on investing. His advice was,"Yong Ping Chang Xin Qu Dui Dai Shi Li" to always use a mentality of normality to everything that happens. What he was trying to say that even the most castrophobic thing that can happen will be just a normal thing when it passes. Coming to think of it, it is true. And I realise that nothing was wrong. I had did my part of the planning. I just need more patience and less emotional interference when results don't meet up to expectations.
Therefore I agree with this quote that I took from one of the investing forums. "magnum wrote :
recession and deep corrections has happened many times over past 10 yrs.
name it. yr 97, yr 00, yr 01 - 9/11,, yr 07 off my head. it has happened again and again.not diff to make $$.
my buddy has devised a very stupid method but it works. if creative shares drops to $5 then i buy and keep lor. he makes many $$ times from this no logic manner.
key is u got to hv cash, amno at hand.
impt: no matter what i say, nobody will listen.. u know why!
the biggest mkting lie by all the mutual fund managers and advisors is to ask u to invest long long term.. why! so they can be in business long long time.
for this to work, u got to DCA over a period of losses as well, but how many ppl actually do it.. hence u wont fulfill the returns advertised by them!!! haha..
most of the times, many noise out there to instill fear and greed. nowadays i tell myself.. losing job, losing ur car and house and not becoming rich is okay. when u think like dat, no fear and no greed. like a monk.. haha"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home