More is less
First it was food.
A hungry man is an angry man. I have little patience these days whenever I start having hunger pangs.
Glorious food. I burst my budget for this month due to my sudden increase in appetite. Health to me is wealth. The cost of falling sick is extremely painful on my pocket.
I was overjoyed when I managed to step into NTUC last night to buy groceries. Can you imagine how rare it is for me to even drop by a shop these days? So, there I was prancing arund like a little girl, picking up all the wholesome healthy foods and fruits, as well as daily essentials like maggi mee.
And I cut my hair again. Gone are those wretched dry ends, now I'll have a new look with my new specs, new uniform and new job positions in April.
Spent $5 on yoghurt alone tonite. Spent another $5 on dinner. Pampered myself with lots of fruit juice and strawberries, mango pudding! *yumz*
Then came the talk over dinner table.
Statistics has shown that the average Singaporean's GDP per Capita/month is $3,100. So the average plain Tom and Jane is capable to bring in that amount every month.
A normal employee is expected to hit $2500.
A manager is expected to bring in $3000.
A junior doctor is expected to start out with $4000 salary.
Estimated cost to maintain a car per month is $800.
Average cost to maintain a house per month is $700.
So that's where 1.5k of your salary goes should you choose to have a house + car.
And there was the question being asked,"How much do you intend to earn before it is enough?"
I'm already hitting the ceiling currently for the jobs that I am doing.
More is less.
Less is more.
It's a simple law of nature. You can't have both. You'll have to choose one.
In the private sector, the sky is the limit.
In the public sector, you are guaranteed sucess if you have a proven track record that excels in the current system.
So that's not too bad considering that I am slogging to achieve the target which I had in mind.
If only I could spin another 1k more. Why should I settle for less? Why should I be satisfied with a slightly above average pay when I know that I am capable of more in the same time frame?
And the rebuke came,"You should make time out of your own selfish desires for other more important things."
"I would gladly love to, provided you feed my family for me and shoulder the responsibilities."
I was so exhausted till I woke up this morning at 7.30am and gave my manager a call, asking her if I could come in later for work as I needed more rest.
I'll be meeting the higher level management for Estime for the first time in April. It's going to open up a lot of opportunities as I'll be interacting with the management in an upcoming event.
I wonder where will all these lead to.
Things are happening rather fast.
PpD
PS. I'm blind but not deaf, I know what you had meant in your heart when you said that you will support me through my uni days and I appreciate your efforts and concern.
It brought up the question to my head again. Who will I end up with? What kind of a person will he be?
I think my taste in guys is changing. Logged on to friendster earlier on to approve some friend request. Was curious in the sudden increase in people who had viewed my profile, so I decided to check it out. Out of the entire list, only 1 person caught my eye - a 32 year old lecturer...
PPS. Omg I wanna go for that chalet trip!
PPPS. Missing dota and clubbing... is clubbing still on?
PPPPS. 5k target and I get the travel bag which I wanted. 10k target and I get Gemma Document bag worth $299! :)
A hungry man is an angry man. I have little patience these days whenever I start having hunger pangs.
Glorious food. I burst my budget for this month due to my sudden increase in appetite. Health to me is wealth. The cost of falling sick is extremely painful on my pocket.
I was overjoyed when I managed to step into NTUC last night to buy groceries. Can you imagine how rare it is for me to even drop by a shop these days? So, there I was prancing arund like a little girl, picking up all the wholesome healthy foods and fruits, as well as daily essentials like maggi mee.
And I cut my hair again. Gone are those wretched dry ends, now I'll have a new look with my new specs, new uniform and new job positions in April.
Spent $5 on yoghurt alone tonite. Spent another $5 on dinner. Pampered myself with lots of fruit juice and strawberries, mango pudding! *yumz*
Then came the talk over dinner table.
Statistics has shown that the average Singaporean's GDP per Capita/month is $3,100. So the average plain Tom and Jane is capable to bring in that amount every month.
A normal employee is expected to hit $2500.
A manager is expected to bring in $3000.
A junior doctor is expected to start out with $4000 salary.
Estimated cost to maintain a car per month is $800.
Average cost to maintain a house per month is $700.
So that's where 1.5k of your salary goes should you choose to have a house + car.
And there was the question being asked,"How much do you intend to earn before it is enough?"
I'm already hitting the ceiling currently for the jobs that I am doing.
More is less.
Less is more.
It's a simple law of nature. You can't have both. You'll have to choose one.
In the private sector, the sky is the limit.
In the public sector, you are guaranteed sucess if you have a proven track record that excels in the current system.
So that's not too bad considering that I am slogging to achieve the target which I had in mind.
If only I could spin another 1k more. Why should I settle for less? Why should I be satisfied with a slightly above average pay when I know that I am capable of more in the same time frame?
And the rebuke came,"You should make time out of your own selfish desires for other more important things."
"I would gladly love to, provided you feed my family for me and shoulder the responsibilities."
I was so exhausted till I woke up this morning at 7.30am and gave my manager a call, asking her if I could come in later for work as I needed more rest.
I'll be meeting the higher level management for Estime for the first time in April. It's going to open up a lot of opportunities as I'll be interacting with the management in an upcoming event.
I wonder where will all these lead to.
Things are happening rather fast.
PpD
PS. I'm blind but not deaf, I know what you had meant in your heart when you said that you will support me through my uni days and I appreciate your efforts and concern.
It brought up the question to my head again. Who will I end up with? What kind of a person will he be?
I think my taste in guys is changing. Logged on to friendster earlier on to approve some friend request. Was curious in the sudden increase in people who had viewed my profile, so I decided to check it out. Out of the entire list, only 1 person caught my eye - a 32 year old lecturer...
PPS. Omg I wanna go for that chalet trip!
PPPS. Missing dota and clubbing... is clubbing still on?
PPPPS. 5k target and I get the travel bag which I wanted. 10k target and I get Gemma Document bag worth $299! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home