Computer Specifications:
Casing:
Centurion Cooler Master (UP $95) paid $93
SilverStone Strider Series True Power Supply 400 Watts (UP $89) paid $85
CPU:
DFI NF4 Ultra + athlon 64 939 3000+ AMD paid $485 (nice guy who reserved it for me)
ATI Powercolour X800 DDR3 (UP $299) paid $280
BenQ CD Rewrite paid $79
Speakers:
Altec Lansing ATP3 (5.1 surround sold out) (UP $69) paid $67
(Not mine, fren bought it lol)
Others:
Logictech Keyboard (UP $25)
USB cable (Up $6)
paid $25 for both items
---------------------------------------------------
I'm hanging out so often at simlim these days it's almost like my second home.
What happened was that I discovered my old casing power supply was insufficient to power up my new mobo so I had to change my power supply. The quotation that I got was for the powersupply alone it would cost $115 so it's a wiser choice to buy a casing instead and that's how i ended up buying cooler master. (Anyway my cybermind khaki recc that casing, and since I've read up on cooler master on hardwarezone, it's better for amd)
And then, I realised my mobo doesn't have a suitable port for my printer and scanner (Die old RS2 parallel ports) it only has serial ports and USB ports. The adapter would cost me $35 alone (UP $58 I'm not joking) So I ended up exchanging the other adapter which I bought for a keyboard since it was incompatible with my mobo.
Thanks a lot to my Sim Lim buddies. Special mention to Asus #04-50, cybermind and Fuwell guys for all your discounts and burning of critical winxp programs for me.
Lots of screw ups cuz apparently a few of my drivers were lost when I entrusted someone with the changing of casing as I had to rush back to school at 2pm yesterday.
I sold my old com parts to them too
AMD soltek mobo + socket A athlon 25000 for $40 (with a burnt ram slot surprisingly and 1 overheated resistor)
GeXcube 9600pro for $70 (to my friend)
Twinmos 256 ddr 400 pc 3200 ram for $10 (also to my friend)
pair of kingston 256 SD ram for $40 (sim lim) [SD ram is a classic buy now, esp if you are into really old computers and refusing the urge to rid the old mobo for a new one)
VGA geforce2 $10 (sim lim)
p3 datamini + socket A for $30 (sim lim)
And after making the trip down today, my friend from Asus was asking me which modem i was having problem with. And so I told him that I had 3 modems,
Aztech DSL 100U (suckiest ever)
Efficient DSL 4060 (efficient modems are good)
Aztech DSL 305E (my usual favourite, i love ethernet modems)
(If you want a really good modem, get efficient 5260 ethernet modem but too bad, it's no longer in production in Singapore. One can easily cost up to $300 or more)
I told them that I was having driver problems so he offered to help me burn the drivers.
And he called me up just now, asking if I wanna sell my Efficient 4060 (lol, and to think I had actually asked them previously if they wanted any modems, and they told me no -.-!!)
Now my scanner is useless, perhaps I am ridding of it soon since I don't consider the adapter's price as reasonable.
Will update soon, after SATS and Final Year Project phase 2 report submission.
Casing:
Centurion Cooler Master (UP $95) paid $93
SilverStone Strider Series True Power Supply 400 Watts (UP $89) paid $85
CPU:
DFI NF4 Ultra + athlon 64 939 3000+ AMD paid $485 (nice guy who reserved it for me)
ATI Powercolour X800 DDR3 (UP $299) paid $280
BenQ CD Rewrite paid $79
Speakers:
Altec Lansing ATP3 (5.1 surround sold out) (UP $69) paid $67
(Not mine, fren bought it lol)
Others:
Logictech Keyboard (UP $25)
USB cable (Up $6)
paid $25 for both items
---------------------------------------------------
I'm hanging out so often at simlim these days it's almost like my second home.
What happened was that I discovered my old casing power supply was insufficient to power up my new mobo so I had to change my power supply. The quotation that I got was for the powersupply alone it would cost $115 so it's a wiser choice to buy a casing instead and that's how i ended up buying cooler master. (Anyway my cybermind khaki recc that casing, and since I've read up on cooler master on hardwarezone, it's better for amd)
And then, I realised my mobo doesn't have a suitable port for my printer and scanner (Die old RS2 parallel ports) it only has serial ports and USB ports. The adapter would cost me $35 alone (UP $58 I'm not joking) So I ended up exchanging the other adapter which I bought for a keyboard since it was incompatible with my mobo.
Thanks a lot to my Sim Lim buddies. Special mention to Asus #04-50, cybermind and Fuwell guys for all your discounts and burning of critical winxp programs for me.
Lots of screw ups cuz apparently a few of my drivers were lost when I entrusted someone with the changing of casing as I had to rush back to school at 2pm yesterday.
I sold my old com parts to them too
AMD soltek mobo + socket A athlon 25000 for $40 (with a burnt ram slot surprisingly and 1 overheated resistor)
GeXcube 9600pro for $70 (to my friend)
Twinmos 256 ddr 400 pc 3200 ram for $10 (also to my friend)
pair of kingston 256 SD ram for $40 (sim lim) [SD ram is a classic buy now, esp if you are into really old computers and refusing the urge to rid the old mobo for a new one)
VGA geforce2 $10 (sim lim)
p3 datamini + socket A for $30 (sim lim)
And after making the trip down today, my friend from Asus was asking me which modem i was having problem with. And so I told him that I had 3 modems,
Aztech DSL 100U (suckiest ever)
Efficient DSL 4060 (efficient modems are good)
Aztech DSL 305E (my usual favourite, i love ethernet modems)
(If you want a really good modem, get efficient 5260 ethernet modem but too bad, it's no longer in production in Singapore. One can easily cost up to $300 or more)
I told them that I was having driver problems so he offered to help me burn the drivers.
And he called me up just now, asking if I wanna sell my Efficient 4060 (lol, and to think I had actually asked them previously if they wanted any modems, and they told me no -.-!!)
Now my scanner is useless, perhaps I am ridding of it soon since I don't consider the adapter's price as reasonable.
Will update soon, after SATS and Final Year Project phase 2 report submission.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home