Someone reminded me the meaning of patience. It means long-suffering.
How could I have forgotten my purpose... or lost sight of what I am supposed to do. He's always so faithful, even when I seemed to have lost myself out there in the wilderness. That's why I have this heart... and it's pointing me in the direction which I am suppose to go. Yet along the way... I've been carrying far too much hurt and pain to remember this all. It's such a shame, that only now I've realised that you have given a part of yourself to me... that your peace will always be with me.. right there... in my heart. That I do not need to search anymore... because you've never left. Since the world cannot rob me of what's inside of me, what worries should I have for tommorrow? They can take away everything from me, everything.. from riches to health... everything... but they can't take away... what's inside. There now, you see... I have everything. :)
So the very treasures that I've been seeking so hard.. lies not in the wealth of the world, or in the empty entertainment... It's always been there, just there silently. Because it's not anything new or flashy, it is not eye-catching, nor glorifying. It is like a dust covered book sitting in the topmost corner of the book shelf.. waiting for you to discover. Then when you start to flip open the pages, you will be amazed by its brilliance. How could such wisdom and truth be woven into words?
Then here comes the tricky part, because we humans are complicated creatures. Often we drown out that tiny voice with our own voices. Frustration, hatred, violence, malice, jealousy, greed, doubt... It's like blasting music at top volume... and when the phone rings you can't even hear what the person on the line is saying.
So don't carry it till the next day... There isn't enough yesterdays, todays, tomorrows in a lifetime. Got to make the most out of it. When you're at the crossroads, follow your heart. Even if things don't work out, there's always a detour. It's okay to take that detour, perhaps it's the time factor which isn't ripe. :)
Impatience is like a speeding driver who crashes and burns. When you can't wait for the traffic light to turn green, when you try to beat the red light, when you make a mistake in your judgement. Then you get caught in an accident. So if you had planned to make it back home for the day, you can't now. Your original plan is ruined.
How could I have forgotten my purpose... or lost sight of what I am supposed to do. He's always so faithful, even when I seemed to have lost myself out there in the wilderness. That's why I have this heart... and it's pointing me in the direction which I am suppose to go. Yet along the way... I've been carrying far too much hurt and pain to remember this all. It's such a shame, that only now I've realised that you have given a part of yourself to me... that your peace will always be with me.. right there... in my heart. That I do not need to search anymore... because you've never left. Since the world cannot rob me of what's inside of me, what worries should I have for tommorrow? They can take away everything from me, everything.. from riches to health... everything... but they can't take away... what's inside. There now, you see... I have everything. :)
So the very treasures that I've been seeking so hard.. lies not in the wealth of the world, or in the empty entertainment... It's always been there, just there silently. Because it's not anything new or flashy, it is not eye-catching, nor glorifying. It is like a dust covered book sitting in the topmost corner of the book shelf.. waiting for you to discover. Then when you start to flip open the pages, you will be amazed by its brilliance. How could such wisdom and truth be woven into words?
Then here comes the tricky part, because we humans are complicated creatures. Often we drown out that tiny voice with our own voices. Frustration, hatred, violence, malice, jealousy, greed, doubt... It's like blasting music at top volume... and when the phone rings you can't even hear what the person on the line is saying.
So don't carry it till the next day... There isn't enough yesterdays, todays, tomorrows in a lifetime. Got to make the most out of it. When you're at the crossroads, follow your heart. Even if things don't work out, there's always a detour. It's okay to take that detour, perhaps it's the time factor which isn't ripe. :)
Impatience is like a speeding driver who crashes and burns. When you can't wait for the traffic light to turn green, when you try to beat the red light, when you make a mistake in your judgement. Then you get caught in an accident. So if you had planned to make it back home for the day, you can't now. Your original plan is ruined.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home