PaPeRdOLL

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Growing up is never an easy phase of life.

I was thinking on my bed last night. Staring at my parent's wedding photos and recalling those childhood photos that my parents took.

My dad always had a wild streak in him. He as a bad boy. During his growing up years, I can understand why women were all attracted towards him. He was dashing when he was younger. Even in the wedding photo, he had this sparkle in his eyes, and a smile which would make girls swoon. But even at the age of thirty, I could see the wild streak in him.

Somehow his wild streak found its way to me.

Looking at my mum and her childhood days, she was the demure, girl next door, obedient child. She never once went out late and would always be back home on time, early before the sun sets. Sometimes I wonder why my mum would be attracted to my dad. They were so opposites in terms of personality.

Even at the age of thirty, my mum had this perfect complexion. (Much too perfect in my opinion that I would envy her at times) It's a pity that I didn't inherit her jaw structure. It was a perfect oval.

Instead I had my dad's jaw structure. Protruding and squarish and I hated that.

I could be that docile girl that my mum was.

But yet it was only a part of what people see.

And just when I thought my life was straightening out, I just received news today that one of my friends is charged with murder.

Can life just get anymore simpler?


Perhaps my purpose of seeing you tonight is just to let you know that I'm ok and that I miss you.

PpD
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home