PaPeRdOLL: Audition

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Audition

Yaay I did well for RET (That's was kind of unexpected)

T.T I barely scraped through FM (That was disappointing cuz I made the effort to go thro past exam questions)

Working on commentaries for survey findings.

Macromedia flash test postphone till tues for me.

Sunday, going to commex to lose!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Some updates for the audition

Bascially, Angela and I were having so much fun getting to know the people there. 2 of the SPSU people clicked with us pretty well so we were joking around and suaning each other. (I bet we were the noisest among the rest) And then, Angela noticed that one of the guys kept looking in our direction. (Ok, he's cute. I spotted him first and pointed him out to angela)

So later in the waiting room, Angela and I came up with some stuff to entertain ourselves.

101 things to do during an audition

1) play 5 10
2) gossip
3) rate your oponents
4) pretend to be the interviewer (lol, it was some coincidence that the question Angela thought of came out during the audition! What animal would you like to be?)
5) pretend to be the interviewee
6) Suan the student helpers
7) Talk about the latest shopping buys
8) Plan for the next clubbing session
9) Deciding where to go for dinner
10) Lastly, go up to the cute guy and tell him that he's cute!

Ok I'm joking about the last part. I was suppose to do that, but I didn't!

The cute guy approached me instead ROFL...

When it was Angela's turn for the audition, I heard someone calling my name.

Naturally I turned around and it was that cute guy. Curiously as to how he knew my name, I asked him this,"Hey, how did you know me?"

He replied,"Oh you played during the SP WCG remember? Your opponent Clement is my friend."

I said,"Oh, I see. Nice to meet you."

He continued,"So how long have you been playing computer games?"

I answered,"That was the first time I took part in a competition, so I'm very noob, I started playing wc3 like this year."

He continued,"But you don't look noob. I've watched you played."

I laughed, obviously he hasn't seen the pros yet.

Then we went on to talk a little more abt past games played and he asked how did I get into aLt.

I replied,"Seriously, I have no idea how I got into alt. A long time friend pulled me in. It's weird cuz I'm not a strategy player, more into mmorpgs"

Cow, how come I'm in aLt? lol...

Then after that he asked me if there's a need to perform a talent during the audition. So the organisor said that it's compulsory to perform at least 1 talent.

Angela came out soon after and it was my turn.

Exciting. I was so nervous I couldn't contain my emotions.

So the round of interrogation began:

Them: Tell me more about yourself
Me: blah blah
Them: What are your hobbies/interests?
Me: Playing computer games. I also like to read up on computer parts on hardwarezone. Occasionally when I have the time, I design my blogs and do some web publishing stuff, just simple javascripting and html.
I draw too and would you like to take a look at my portfolio? *Hands portfolio over* These drawings were done when I was 14 to 15.
Them: *Looks through the portfolio* Nice drawings.
Me: Thank you.
Them: Besides all these artistic interests, are you able to sing or dance?
Me: I've been taking singing lessons
Them: Ok, lets hear some from you
And so I sang Ai Ni Ai Dao. Omg I was so nervous till I was trembling and I stopped short just at the chorus. I guess they were waiting to hear the harder parts of the song but I just couldn't go on with butterflies fluttering in my tummy.
Them: You sing nice.
Me: Thank you
Them: So you're in an agency. Have you done any assignments?
Me: Nope. I just joined the agency not too long ago,probably in late July this year. (Ok darn i forgot to mention abt the Toni and Guy thingy but blah it's over)
Them: What have you learnt at the agency?
Me: No catwalk, only the basic poses for camera shots.
Them: I want you to walk from the back to the front, do a pose and repeat it again.
And then I walked, posed, and forgot to turn back and walk again. Boo boo! :P
Them: how much effort would you put into this if you are selected? give in percentages
Me: 100% cuz it's my last year in school!
Them: thank you. we'll contact you again.

Well I really do hope that we get into the next round. I'm really looking forward to wreaking havoc with angela. This will be so fun with her around. I can almost imagine us painting the school red.

Next target, the singing competition in school which will be held early next year.
All thanks to very supportive classmates (Yes Angela your encouragements did wonders to my confidence level) who keep edging me to give it a try. After all, it's my last year in school!
mail me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home