I didn't have a fantastic day at work yesterday. With all the smsing and issues to handle, I made a pretty big blunder when I forgot to keep the skin tester. So I have to apologise to Janice for that.
Today started out better than what I had expected.
I had actually planned to give the cash to my mum for CNY today.
Just when I opened the door, she broke this to me in chinese,"The property agent said that even if the house was sold, we would be making a loss of $80k. In addition to the current debt, you have to sign for a house under your name and pay for it then we can buy it."
Her expectations just crashed my world.
Not as though shouldering the 100k debt they owe to HDB was bad enough. Now they want me to shoulder another housing loan. Then what about my plans to get a degree? Do I really want to spend 10-20 years of my life just slogging off as a floor staff with a mere income of $1000-$2000 to repay the hundred thousand dollar debts, especially debts that they had owed and not even of my own? And at the end of the day, I have to shelf away my plans to further my studies, marriage and wedding plans.
And did they even consider that I might want to get married and having a house under my name means that I won't even be able to get a place of my own in future when I do get married.
The thought of them squandering away every cent of my education savings was bad enough. I slogged through my poly years to make ends meet. I'm not an ATM machine for godsake. I don't even have a social life these days. Do I really have to marry a rich fuck so that they will finally be happy with all the money in the world?
It's precisely due to the fact that their poor financial management has led to such undesirable outcome that it made me into someone who hated getting into any kinds of debts. Even till now, I'm still overly resistant towards getting a bank loan for my uni education. Though part time uni will be really tiring, I rather take this route because I will be able to earn and pay for everything without owing anyone or any bank a single fucking cent.
My parents don't give 2 hoots about me slogging my ass off even though I'm still in school full time. They don't even care that I am trying to save up for my own education expenses even thought they are the ones who took out every single cent out from my education savings. They don't understand how I pressured I feel about shouldering this 100k debt which they have incurred. I am tired of the endless comparison between my cousins who are working full time (and are relatively debt free) and me when I have to shoulder on the debts of my family while working and studying.
Give me a break.
PpD
Today started out better than what I had expected.
I had actually planned to give the cash to my mum for CNY today.
Just when I opened the door, she broke this to me in chinese,"The property agent said that even if the house was sold, we would be making a loss of $80k. In addition to the current debt, you have to sign for a house under your name and pay for it then we can buy it."
Her expectations just crashed my world.
Not as though shouldering the 100k debt they owe to HDB was bad enough. Now they want me to shoulder another housing loan. Then what about my plans to get a degree? Do I really want to spend 10-20 years of my life just slogging off as a floor staff with a mere income of $1000-$2000 to repay the hundred thousand dollar debts, especially debts that they had owed and not even of my own? And at the end of the day, I have to shelf away my plans to further my studies, marriage and wedding plans.
And did they even consider that I might want to get married and having a house under my name means that I won't even be able to get a place of my own in future when I do get married.
The thought of them squandering away every cent of my education savings was bad enough. I slogged through my poly years to make ends meet. I'm not an ATM machine for godsake. I don't even have a social life these days. Do I really have to marry a rich fuck so that they will finally be happy with all the money in the world?
It's precisely due to the fact that their poor financial management has led to such undesirable outcome that it made me into someone who hated getting into any kinds of debts. Even till now, I'm still overly resistant towards getting a bank loan for my uni education. Though part time uni will be really tiring, I rather take this route because I will be able to earn and pay for everything without owing anyone or any bank a single fucking cent.
My parents don't give 2 hoots about me slogging my ass off even though I'm still in school full time. They don't even care that I am trying to save up for my own education expenses even thought they are the ones who took out every single cent out from my education savings. They don't understand how I pressured I feel about shouldering this 100k debt which they have incurred. I am tired of the endless comparison between my cousins who are working full time (and are relatively debt free) and me when I have to shoulder on the debts of my family while working and studying.
Give me a break.
PpD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home